water hammer in pumping facilities
- Water hammer is a sudden increase of pressure in tubes produced by the functioning of valves or pumps.
- In pumpings usually water hammer occurs after the pump stop.
- In many cases the maximum measured pressures are much higher to those the calculations indicate us.
- These overpressures can cause serious damages in the valves, the tubes and the pump.
- The non-return valves produce the most violent part of water hammer.
- To prevent the appearance of overpressure we must act first where it is generated, selecting a type of non-return valve especially designed to minimize the water hammer.
- It is no use in choosing a conventional non-return valve and trying to mitigate the water hammer produced by this valve with costly anti-waterhammer devices.
- Polanco multiple check valve is especially designed to not generate water hammer.
©2020 IBAPOL, S.L.